Accountancy Insurance Brokers Limited is committed to protecting the privacy and security of personal information obtained from individuals. This deals with the collection, use and disclosure of personal information as well as access to personal information and security issues.
The expression ‘personal information’ is used in this policy to refer to information or an opinion about an individual who is identified or reasonably identifiable, from the information or opinion.
Collection of personal information
The type of personal information that Accountancy Insurance Brokers Limited (Accountancy Insurance) collects about you depends on the transactions you undertake with the organisation. We collect current and historical personal information including information about your name, contact details, identification, organization, memberships (including professional associations), positions held, tax and financial details, insurance details including claims, business activities, information required by our underwriters (e.g. to assess insurance risk) and enquiry/complaint details. We also collect personal information about your interactions and transactions with us, including any contact we have with you by telephone, email or online.
We collect personal information directly from you as well as from third parties including public sources, our related companies, your accountant, your organisation, your representatives, information service providers and the parties with whom we exchange information as described here.
If we are unable to collect the personal information we seek, we may not be able to provide you with the products/services you require.
Use and disclosure of personal information
Your personal information may be collected, used and disclosed in order to:
- Process your applications and requests (including claims)
- Provide the products and services you have requested
- Administer and manage service offerings, including charging, billing and collecting debts
- Research and develop Accountancy Insurance’s service offerings
- Gain an understanding of your needs in order for Accountancy Insurance to provide you with a
- Provide information to ensure compliance with Accountancy Insurance’s Constitution and by-
- Provide you and assist your accountant to provide you with information about a range of
current and future service offerings, in accordance with applicable legal requirements
- Verify your identity and personal information
- Maintain and update our records
- Protect our lawful interests
- Deal with suspected or confirmed unlawful activity or misconduct
- Facilitate any agreed or prospective acquisition of all or part of our businessWe may exchange your personal information with our related bodies corporate, your accountant, your representatives and other parties involved in the insurance process including insurers reinsurers, premium funders, underwriters, insurance brokers, other insurance intermediaries, co-brand and business alliance partners, insurance reference bureaus, loss adjusters, claims managers, claims reference providers and investigators.We may also exchange your information with our service providers that assist us with archival, auditing, accounting, customer contact, legal, business consulting, banking, payment, debt collection, delivery, data processing, data analysis, information broking, research, investigation, insurance, website or technology services.Parties to whom we disclose personal information are generally located in Australia, Canada, England or Indonesia.
Like many other websites, our website under the domain name www.accountancyinsurance.ca may use ‘cookies’ from time to time. A cookie is a piece of information that allows our system to identify and interact more effectively with your device. The cookie helps us to maintain the continuity of your browsing session and remember your details and preferences when you return. You can configure your web browser software to reject cookies however some parts of our website may not have full functionality in that case.
Accountancy Insurance holds personal information electronically and in hard copy form, both at its own premises and with the assistance of its service providers. Accountancy Insurance will take reasonable steps to ensure that your personal information is protected from misuse, interference, loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure. Accountancy Insurance’s personnel are trained to protect member and other customer information.
Your privacy rights
To request to access or update your personal information, opt out of direct marketing from us or raise any privacy concerns, you can contact our Privacy Officer via email@example.com or by calling 1800 353 3750. In some cases, it may be appropriate for us to refer your request to another party such as your accountant or the insurer we represent where your request relates to them.
For access and updating requests, please let us know the particular information you are interested in to help us retrieve it. We may also need to confirm your identity. We will not charge for lodging a request for access but may charge for our reasonable costs and outgoings incurred in meeting your request. In some circumstances we are permitted to deny access and correction requests. In those cases we will give you our reasons. If we do not agree that personal information should be updated as you have requested, you can ask us to attach a statement to the information indicating your view of how the information should be updated.
We take your privacy concerns seriously. Where you express any concerns that we have interfered with your privacy, we will respond to let you know who will be handling your matter and when you can expect a further response. For more information about privacy in general, or if your concerns are not resolved to your satisfaction, you may contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada at www.priv.gc.ca or at (819) 994-5444.